Thursday, August 24, 2006

Diamond in the Rough

Occasionally when I'm on blogger, I decide to look at other blogs. This is usually a mistake.

Most of the stuff I find is just strange, juvenile or useless. I don't care about your cats, or how cute they look in any of the 500 pictures you have of them. I don't really care that you were at a wedding last week, mostly because I don't know you. And above all, I REALLY don't care which famous people are screwing each other lately.

My primary preoccupation is with politics. I am interested in the analysis of social conditions, economic trends and political actions. And on this subject, I am also thoroughly disappointed.

On a good day, the best that I'm going to find on another political blog is some mediocre bashing of George W Bush. While I am in no way, shape or form a friend of the fascist war chief Bush, I am so unimpressed by Bush-bashing. It's so fashionable to slam the Bush administration these days, not to mention easy and superficial. All of the opinions I hear about the war in Iraq are Liberal-Reformist at best, not to mention cloned and un-original. Now there is the odd person who takes a revolutionary stand against Bush, but mostly you have these Liberal ideologues, whose only problem with the war in Iraq is that Americans are getting killed, and it's coming out of their tax dollars. Pathetic.

Personally, I was criticizing George W Bush the WEEK AFTER 911 , long before the War in Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Liberals like Michael Moore made a documentary. While Criticism of the Bush administrations policies are relevant to the current situation, I find this to be a reformist point of view. You can not criticize the Bush administration/republican party if you are not also willing to criticize the Democratic party and the entire Imperialist state of the United States of America. Are the people so naive to believe that the Imperialist wars in Iraq/Afghanistan would not have happened under the Democratic Party of Gore/Kerry?
The problem is the Imperialistic State of America and the American bourgeoisie itself, not just one or two factions of the American capitalist class.

All of the other "Progressive" politics on these internet blogs include trying to make liberal or social democratic candidates look like they are different than conservative candidates (Ha!), Ultra-environmentalist/animal rights diversions from the actual problems faced by humanity and the crisis of our system, Amnesty international style "Humanitarianism" that basically focuses on mudslinging unpopular governments, and other social-democratic/liberal diversions that ignore the real problems, present no solutions, and tow the line of Imperialism.

"Animal rights"? How about we focus on giving HUMANS even the most basic rights which they are currently lacking, you petty bourgeois, hippy suburbanites!

Of course, all of this Social Democratic reformism at least has a basis of logic and science.
The other brand of political blogs are the conservative blogs, lacking in research, lacking in facts, pumped up with ignorance and blind patriotism. let's make one thing clear: Telling someone that they "Hate America!" in response to a logical argument is not rhetoric. If you have ever used the phrase " (Blank) hates America!" or "(Blank) Hates Freedom!", then you are a braying jack ass and need to go back to elementary school, preferably in a country other than the US.
Honestly, I can not even understand how conservatism attracts converts! How does anyone buy into conservatism? Say whatever you will about Marxism-Leninism, but in addition to being Scientific and logical, the theory is Humanist, based entirely on serving the people and mutual prosperity. Conservatism on the other hand, in addition to providing almost NO logical basis for it's theory, has absolutely NO humanist elements to it. This insane "Law of the Jungle", "Survival of the fittest" economic theory, bolstered by an intregal theory of Ultra-nationalist Imperialism, xenophobia to all other nations, cultural chauvinism, and muted undertones of patriarchy, elitism and white supremacy, somehow flourishes not just among the bourgeoisie, but among some of the working class. Even worse, the entire theoretical basis of modern Conservatism is not dog-eat-dog economics, but rather Christian Fundamentalism! I always have to keep myself from laughing when a Christian-Conservative is telling me how Communism will never work. Hey, I may believe in the inevitability of a classless society, but you believe in a virgin birth, a resurrection, a man living inside a whale, every species of animal escaping a deluge aboard a single wooden ship and a man walking on water. Somehow, I think I have the theoretical high ground.

So, where am I going with this anyway? What is the issue?

As near as I can figure, the blogosphere is an excellent illustration of not only the the total marginalization of the people under liberal democracy, but of the hegemony of ideology in a capitalist society. All ideologies under capitalism, wether they be Conservative, Liberal, Social Democratic, etc, all present the same view of the world, of human society, and basically put forward the same economic system, despite how deceptively different each ideology claims to be.

At one time, I thought the same way as everyone else. I exhibited blind patriotism, national chauvinism,complete ignorance and apathy of the world political, social and economic situation, and an overall confidence in the system of the state itself. But then a funny thing happened.
I graduated to grade 10. I started reading books of my own initiative, books that were not on the school curriculum, nor where they available in the school library. I started analyzing history from different perspectives. I started to keep up with current events. Ideologically, I became
anti-Imperialist, then anti-conservative, then anti capitalist, until finally I became Marxist.
I educated myself. In essence (forgive the pop-culture reference), I took the red pill.

Of course everyone has an opinion. Of course everyone has a right to an opinion. All I am suggesting is, do a little research. It may surprise you how uninformed you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home