Monday, October 09, 2006

I heard it through the grapevine....

Last night, from several of the bourgeoisie news sources I have heard that the DPRK
has tested a nuclear weapon.

I'm still trying to sort out my stance, as the news on this missile test is sporadic and conflicting.
At this point, mostly I am analyzing the news footage for contradictions, and doing my own research.

First off, I noticed right off of the bat that every news network that was showing this story keeps running the same file footage of North Korean military marches and Kim Jong Il waving to crowds, as they did when the DPRK tested missiles over the sea of Japan. From the very beginning, the news sources have been trying to paint the typical image of "Stalinist" Korea.
Every online article is sure to mention that Korea is a "reclusive communist nation", a "hermit kingdom", or some other such rubbish, to try and subtly influence public opinion. CNN was especially devious, as they managed to somehow work in propaganda about 2 million North Koreans starving to death into their news coverage of the alleged missile test.

I found CNN's coverage to be especially slanted (surprise, suprise). CNN had a panel of speakers on North Korea, from many countries, and of course NONE OF THEM WERE NORTH KOREAN. Also, CNN insinuated things like "North Korea has mini-nukes", but then would admit that the United States government can not even be sure that a nuclear test did in fact take place in the DPRK. Very contradictory.

I am not sure that I am even convinced that the DPRK did have a weapons test. While the possibility is very probable, the news is too contradictory, and the details are too scarce at this time. To try and get a balanced out look, I even checked the KCNA, the official news source of the DPRK. I noticed that the KCNA has not made any new posts in two days. Now this does not disprove that a missile test took place, but it doesn't necessarily prove it either. If the DPRK was being as boisterous about their missile test as the capitalist news sources claim they are being, why haven't they made any mention of a missile test on their official news source?

Of course, if the DPRK does have nuclear weapons, it makes little difference. The United States has enough nuclear weapons to turn our planet into a barren radioactive wasteland, and now they are criticizing other countries for building their own? This is the most glaring hypocrisy of all, as I have mentioned several times in several other articles on the DPRK.
Now, don't get me wrong; I am not some sort of nuclear weapons advocate. Nuclear weapons are a clear and present threat to the human race, and they should be destroyed accordingly.
However, most countries, especially imperialist countries, are not willing to do that, so my current opinion on nuclear weapons is if one country has them, ALL countries should have them. A nuclear hammer is a terrible tool of tyranny, and should never be allowed to exist.

I have to wonder, with this whole missile test hysteria, who is benefiting?
How are the imperialist powers benefiting from filling the peoples minds with fear of nuclear attack? What are their plans? How is the DPRK benefiting, by risking weapons production in the face of crippling economic sanctions? How is China benefiting, by turning on North Korea after years of supporting them economically and diplomatically? What does this change signify?

As I said, I'm still sorting out the facts on this missile test; there aren't many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home